We do not have any positions open at this time.
Position: Health & Wellness Program Coordinator
Location: Austin, TX (at this time due to COVID-19, the position is primarily remote but will require work at the allgo office in Austin and when it is safe, we will return to in person, therefore you must live in the Austin area)
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time, exempt
Deadline: Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply asap
The Health & Wellness Program Coordinator is responsible for program development and implementation of allgo’s LGBTQ+ People of Color Sexual Health and Wellness program. The goal of this project is to increase physical, emotional, mental, and social health and well-being of LGBTQ+ people of color in Austin and the surrounding areas, through implementation of non-traditional community-based interventions utilizing community organizing and community building as strategies. All programs are currently being held virtually due to COVID-19.
We’re looking for a new team member with a well-developed understanding of racial and social justice frameworks and change strategies who is proactive, detail-oriented and resourceful. The Health and Wellness Program Coordinator must have a passion for health and wellness, be innovative, have high integrity and well-developed relational skills and understand how community organizing, community building, social justice and cultural arts support and intersect with health and wellness..
- Develop and implement creative, relevant, vibrant health and wellness programming to meet the goals and objectives of the program
- Develop and conduct outreach strategies for the recruitment of individuals, organizations and groups to be able to benefit from the program.
- Maintain confidential data and participant files for program reports
- Complete quarterly and final reports
- Coordinate with partner organizations
- Manage, train, supervise and recruit volunteers for the project
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness
- Conduct discussions/ trainings on health and wellness topics specific to LGBTQ+ POC
- Provide LBGTQ+ POC training to healthcare providers
- Provide sexual health and wellness information and supplies
- Write blogs related to sexual health and wellness
- Facilitate group discussions
- Participate in grant writing
- Must comply with HIPAA regulations
- Collaborate with staff to ensure goals are reached and needed work is completed in a timely manner.
- Lived experience with queer, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and gender non binary communities of color Experience creating programming within racial, gender, and social justice frameworks
- Effective communicator
- Program development experience.
- Experience and strong skills in facilitating group discussions including virtual online settings
- Experience in event planning
- Experience with curriculum development, planning and implementation
- Knowledge of community organizing and skills in community building
- Commitment to and experience with social justice, racial justice and anti-oppression work
- Commitment to working a flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings
- Knowledge of issues related to LGBTQ POC sexual health and wellness and ability to discuss these topics competently and comfortably.
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker
- Strong well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize multiple projects to be able to meet multiple deadlines and goals effectively.
- Skills in working generatively and collaboratively with colleagues and supervisors.
- Personal computer experience required (Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Windows based computer application and database management)
- Digital media/graphic designing skills (Publisher, Photoshop, Canva etc.) are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred from accredited college or university (social sciences preferred) but experience may be substituted
$40,000 to 42,000 annual salary based on experience.
Benefits include paid health, dental and life insurance as well as vacation and sick leave.
Required application information to upload includes:
- 3 work related references
- a cover letter telling us what it is about allgo’s mission and work that draws you to this role in the organization
- a writing sample answering the following questions:
- What are some of the factors impacting the health and wellness of queer people of color?
- Why is it important to have organizations that are by and for queer people of color?
- If resources were not a barrier what are some of the things you would do to improve health outcomes for queer people of color?
Persons who write and speak Spanish fluently; people of color, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Gender Non Binary people are strongly encouraged to apply.
allgo is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.