This is an exciting opportunity to join a long standing not for profit organization working
at the nexus of social and racial justice, the arts, and health and wellness. Reporting to,
and working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, the Associate Director
will help build a solid foundation for allgo to expand and deepen its programming to
ensure the fulfillment of allgo’s mission. Central to the Associate Director’s role will be
building strong relationships with community and community organizations working on
issues that intersect with allgo’s mission, as well as developing other local and national
relationships to increase the reach, impact, and effectiveness of the organization. In
addition, this role will contribute to the management and implementation of allgo’s
strategy and programming and address new initiatives and needs, as they arise. This
position requires leadership, flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness and a passion for
promoting relationships, human rights, justice, and wellbeing.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Work with the Executive Director to develop and maintain a clear vision and
corresponding strategic plan to fulfill allgo’s mission.
● Support the Executive Director in ensuring effective and efficient stewardship of
● Ensure implementation of agency policies and procedures.
● Support program planning, implementation, measurement & evaluation, and
documentation of progress in these areas.
● Contribute to the development of grassroots community organizing, coalition
building, and community action.
● Lead and contribute to the development and implementation of multi-tiered
fundraising strategies to support organizational mission and growth.
● Support implementation of health programming within a racial and social justice
framework and in compliance with agency standards of care.
● Support implementation of cultural arts programming as central to racial and
social justice work.
● Lead management of agency contracts and ensure fulfillment of all contract
requirements and timely reporting.
● Support fulfillment of legal and ethical requirements related to maintaining
● Lead fundraising efforts including development of donor relationships.
● Represent allgo at public events and in the media in collaboration with the
● Advise and advocate within local and national government relations efforts in
collaboration with the Executive Director
● Build coalitions with other LGBTQ+, racial justice, and non-LGBTQ+social justice
organizations in collaboration with the Executive Director
Lived experience with LGBTQ+ communities of color. Minimum 3-5 years of
non-profit leadership; a broad and deep understanding of racial and LGBTQ+ justice
and how it affects LGBTQ+ people of color in the city of Austin, the state of Texas
and on the national level; experience with coalition-building with multi-racial and
multi-classed organizations; experience working with qpoc artists and leading cultural
arts programming; experience with HIV/AIDS activism and HIV+ communities as well
as with holistic health for people of color more generally; and strong writing and
public speaking skills.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $50k-$60k
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance, Paid Time off including
Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter explaining your vision for working with the allgo team on growing the organization to positively impact our community and securing funding sources for our cultural arts, social justice, and health and wellness programming to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Health & Wellness Program Coordinator
Location: Austin, TX (at this time due to COVID-19, the position is primarily remote but will require work at the allgo office in Austin and when it is safe, we will return to in person, therefore you must live in the Austin area)
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time, exempt
Deadline: Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply asap
The Health & Wellness Program Coordinator is responsible for program development and implementation of allgo’s LGBTQ+ People of Color Sexual Health and Wellness program. The goal of this project is to increase physical, emotional, mental, and social health and well-being of LGBTQ+ people of color in Austin and the surrounding areas, through implementation of non-traditional community-based interventions utilizing community organizing and community building as strategies. All programs are currently being held virtually due to COVID-19.
We’re looking for a new team member with a well-developed understanding of racial and social justice frameworks and change strategies who is proactive, detail-oriented and resourceful. The Health and Wellness Program Coordinator must have a passion for health and wellness, be innovative, have high integrity and well-developed relational skills and understand how community organizing, community building, social justice and cultural arts support and intersect with health and wellness..
- Develop and implement creative, relevant, vibrant health and wellness programming to meet the goals and objectives of the program
- Develop and conduct outreach strategies for the recruitment of individuals, organizations and groups to be able to benefit from the program.
- Maintain confidential data and participant files for program reports
- Complete quarterly and final reports
- Coordinate with partner organizations
- Manage, train, supervise and recruit volunteers for the project
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness
- Conduct discussions/ trainings on health and wellness topics specific to LGBTQ+ POC
- Provide LBGTQ+ POC training to healthcare providers
- Provide sexual health and wellness information and supplies
- Write blogs related to sexual health and wellness
- Facilitate group discussions
- Participate in grant writing
- Must comply with HIPAA regulations
- Collaborate with staff to ensure goals are reached and needed work is completed in a timely manner.
- Lived experience with queer, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and gender non binary communities of color Experience creating programming within racial, gender, and social justice frameworks
- Effective communicator
- Program development experience.
- Experience and strong skills in facilitating group discussions including virtual online settings
- Experience in event planning
- Experience with curriculum development, planning and implementation
- Knowledge of community organizing and skills in community building
- Commitment to and experience with social justice, racial justice and anti-oppression work
- Commitment to working a flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings
- Knowledge of issues related to LGBTQ POC sexual health and wellness and ability to discuss these topics competently and comfortably.
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker
- Strong well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize multiple projects to be able to meet multiple deadlines and goals effectively.
- Skills in working generatively and collaboratively with colleagues and supervisors.
- Personal computer experience required (Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Windows based computer application and database management)
- Digital media/graphic designing skills (Publisher, Photoshop, Canva etc.) are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred from accredited college or university (social sciences preferred) but experience may be substituted
$40,000 to 42,000 annual salary based on experience.
Benefits include paid health, dental and life insurance as well as vacation and sick leave.
Required application information to upload includes:
- 3 work related references
- a cover letter telling us what it is about allgo’s mission and work that draws you to this role in the organization
- a writing sample answering the following questions:
- What are some of the factors impacting the health and wellness of queer people of color?
- Why is it important to have organizations that are by and for queer people of color?
- If resources were not a barrier what are some of the things you would do to improve health outcomes for queer people of color?
Persons who write and speak Spanish fluently; people of color, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Gender Non Binary people are strongly encouraged to apply.
allgo is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.